undomielle

The Boat Was My Friend

...The cliff edge of workaday morality

Rivers of London
The Circle
Dave Eggers

The king will come

A Clash of Kings - George R.R. Martin

George R.R. Martin, the fabulous ruthless troll on a killing spree, returns with A Clash of Kings, the second book in the series A Song Of Ice And Fire and, again, does wonders in recording the fate of everyone I loved to hate and hated to love in A Game Of Thrones.

A Clash Of Kings picks up exactly where A Game Of Thrones left off and everything I said HERE about the first book is again very much the case, with the exception of fluidity perhaps, as things felt a little slower this time. Indeed, I have to admit that “get on with it George” crossed my mind twice or thrice, but the general feeling I got from reading this second monster book was that, similarly to A Game Of Thrones, it excels at pretty much everything really.

My only complaint to the deadly genius George would be that characters who made the first book the masterpiece that it is and who are destined to change the course of The Known World (it’s just so obvious) are now diminished to randomly wandering around and wasting everyone’s time before they grow back to being massively intriguing.

A somewhat temporary inconvenience; not to go completely unnoticed however.

Swords, blood, thrones, fire, kings, squires, sex, ice and winter. And direwolves.